Senior Physician Assistant Mechanical Circulatory System/Advanced Heart Failure
UCSF Campus and Health
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Heart & Vascular Center’s Mechanical Circulatory Support (MCS) Program seeks a full-time Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to grow our program. The UCSF team consists of highly experienced physicians, surgeons, APPs, nurses, social workers, researchers, and others. Our MCS program is nationally known for cutting edge MCS support in both the outpatient and inpatient setting.
The MCS APP will admit, evaluate, diagnose, and treat critically ill cardiogenic shock patients on MCS support (ECMO, VAD, Impella) in the ICU setting under the supervision of the attending physician and will perform bedside procedures (including but not limited to arterial line, central line placement).
The APP will present on daily rounds, manage the acute and durable MCS devices and closely collaborate with the multidisciplinary teams to ensure optimal patient care delivery and outcomes.
The final salary and offer components are subject to additional approvals based on UC policy.
To see the salary range for this position (we recommend that you make a note of the job code and use that to look up):TCS Non-Academic Titles Search (ucop.edu)
Please note: The compensation ranges listed online for roles not covered by a bargaining unit agreement are very wide, however a job offer will typically fall in the range of 80% – 120% of the established mid-point. An offer will take into consideration the experience of the final candidate AND the current salary level of individuals working at UCSF in a similar role.
For roles covered by a bargaining unit agreement, there will be specific rules about where a new hire would be placed on the range.
To learn more about the benefits of working at UCSF, including total compensation, please visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
The UCSF Heart and Vascular Center is home to a world-class team of cardiologists, heart surgeons, vascular surgeons, interventional radiologists and other specialists. We provide the highest-quality care for all heart conditions, from the most common to the rare and complex.
We focus on prevention and on encouraging heart-healthy lifestyles, but also offer the most state-of-the-art treatments available for complex medical problems. Many of these therapies were developed right here at UCSF, including ablation to treat arrhythmias and cardiac resynchronization to treat heart failure.
We also conduct a wide range of research projects and are committed to improving heart care on all fronts: prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Minimum of 5 years as a Physician Assistant
- Minimum of 2 years of managing patients with Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices and/or those managed by Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, or Cardiology Critical Care
- Experience managing all MCS devices: impella, extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), left ventricular assist device (LVAD)
- Must hold an active and current California Physician Assistant License (PA)
- California driver’s license (CDL) if required for position
- Must hold current national board certification by first day of work and maintain
- Must hold an active and transferable DEA license to California and have evidence of transfer by 90th day of clinical practice. (It is the responsibility of the employee to transfer their DEA license to their new place of employment if from out of state, via online DEA portal and provide evidence of transfer).
- Must have completed an AAPA recognized graduate master’s degree program as a physician assistant.
- Must have submitted enrollment with CMS Medicare and Medicaid through the credentialing process by first clinical day.
- Must hold current AHA BLS as minimum requirement
- Must hold current AHA ACLS as minimum requirement
UCSF Health requires all Advanced Health Practitioners (APP) to be credentialed through OMAG to practice and be privileged through CIDP to function in their clinical role. This applies to both adult and pediatric APPs in the inpatient and outpatient clinical settings at all UCSF Health sites and affiliates. Credentialing, health plan enrollment, and approval of privileges must be completed prior to the first working day. Inability to comply with the requirements of OMAG/CIDP AT ALL TIMES will result in either, a LOA or suspension of privileges designation.About UCSF
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.