UCSF Campus and Health
NOTE: This position is eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus for new hires
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Lung Transplant is seeking a full-time Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to join their Advanced Lung Disease Service (ALDS). UCSF is ranked #8 nationally in pulmonology and lung surgery and has had significantly higher-than-expected survival rates for post-lung transplant recipients for more than eight years consecutively!
This is accomplishment is a result of a great multidisciplinary team that strives to redefine possible at every level of care. The UCSF team consists of highly experienced physicians, surgeons, APPs, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and many others that provide quality care for patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, bronchiectasis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, interstitial lung disease and pulmonary hypertension.
The APP will be responsible for coordinating the care of patients in the hospital setting and will work closely with the Lung Transplant, Cardiothoracic and Intensive Care teams along with case management, social workers and other multidisciplinary teams.Lung Transplant / Advanced Lung Disease Service
- A minimum of 5-year experience as a Physician Assistant in pulmonary and/or critical care
- And/or a minimum of 5-years’ experience as a Physician Assistant with at least 6 months as UCSF APP in pulmonary/transplant/MCS/critical care
- Current PA licensure and certification to practice in California
- Flexibility to work at all UCSF Health locations and in varying schedules as outlined
- A minimum of 10-year experience as a Physician Assistant with pulmonary and/or critical care experience
- A minimum of 2-year experience as a Physician Assistant with pulmonary and/or critical care experience
- Must hold an active and current California Physician Assistant License (PA)
- California driver’s license (CDL) if required for position
- Must hold current national board certification by first day of work and maintain
- Must hold an active and transferable DEA license to California and have evidence of transfer by 90th day of clinical practice. (It is the responsibility of the employee to transfer their DEA license to their new place of employment if from out of state, via online DEA portal and provide evidence of transfer).
- Must have completed an APA recognized graduate master’s degree program as a physician assistant.
- Must have submitted enrollment with CMS Medicare and Medicaid through the credentialing process by first clinical day.
- Must hold current AHA BLS as minimum requirement
- Must hold current AHA ACLS as minimum requirement
UCSF Health requires all Advanced Health Practitioners (APP) to be credentialed through OMAG to practice and be privileged through CIDP to function in their clinical role. This applies to both adult and pediatric APPs in the inpatient and outpatient clinical settings at all UCSF Health sites and affiliates. Credentialing, health plan enrollment, and approval of privileges must be completed prior to the first working day. Inability to comply with the requirements of OMAG/CIDP AT ALL TIMES will result in either, a LOA or suspension of privileges designation.
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: