Involves the administrative services and operations for health care clinics or centers, in accordance with federal, local, and internal standards, policies, and regulations. Typically includes operations, fiscal management, program planning, and / or external marketing activities. Management levels may include oversight of clinical patient care.
The Special Projects Manager is responsible for leading the implementation of identified projects and/or specific work streams associated with improving and expanding the Ambulatory Call Center. They will serve as a critical resource in supporting, managing and driving projects related to UCSF’s goal of improving Patient Care Access and transforming the patient and referring provider experience. They will also provide analysis and project support for all Ambulatory Call Center optimization projects. Will be responsible for documenting projects and tracking clear metrics for success and outcomes to ensure project milestones and deliverables are maintained and achieved. Collaborates with management team to prepare committee agendas, update project plans, presentations, etc. They will provide meeting and scheduling support as needed. Reports to the Administrative Director of the Ambulatory Call Center. Works with Call Center managers and supervisors to implement key portions of a multi-year vision for a seamless patient access experience.
Hybrid-Remote: 10% onsite and 90% remote
Provides virtual ‘front-door’ services such as: registration, appointment scheduling and CRM messaging. Collaborate patient services support with the Ambulatory Practices supported by the Call Center and supports the University in Process Improvements initiatives.
Adheres to and exemplifies the House and Telephone standards of the Medical Center including AIDET, Service Recovery, and PRIDE standards
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to travel to all UCSF Health locations is required
- Advanced knowledge of the clinical and operational implications of ambulatory care clinic practice management including patient care workflows and processes.
- Advanced understanding of medical terminology and maintains a broad range of clinical expertise in theory and best practices of clinic practice area.
- Proven ability to apply knowledge of medical center policies and procedures and related legislative, accreditation, licensing and compliance environments to assess and monitor clinic operations to recommend improvements in clinic processes.
- Advanced communication skills; includes verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate about clinic operations and advocate for clinic.
- Advanced interpersonal skills. Skills to work collaboratively; coordinate and integrate with others throughout the organization.
- Successful experience working with people with a wide range of backgrounds and skills.
- EPIC Knowledge
- Advanced organizational and complex project management skills.
- Ability to lead a team, prioritize personal and team tasks and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
- Exceptional customer service, analytical, planning, problem-solving, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Ability to effectively persuade and negotiate results in complex situations.
- Ability to perform all commonly applicable functions in the Microsoft Suite.
- Skills in data management.
- Advanced knowledge of organization’s relevant healthcare and clinic operations information technology, including billing systems and medical record documentation.
- Ability to teach others.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis, research and reporting, particularly methods used in ambulatory care clinics.
- Extensive experience in facilitating large meetings, demonstrating the ability to represent a complex organization or collaborative of various stakeholders leading to optimal outcomes.
- Resilient, agile, and ability work in a dynamic environment and under pressure.
- Familiarity with Lean management system or other process improvement framework
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: